Monday 25 May 2009

Has anyone seen my mojo?

Things have been rather quiet on the blog front the past week or two, mostly as I haven't really had anything much to report. Or at least nothing suitable for public consumption... Not that this blog has a huge readership of course.

The big news is that in the two weeks since returning from London, I seem to have lost my knitting mojo. This is a great shock to me and is very inconvenient since I'm knitting to a non-negotiable deadline at the moment on a project I'm not going to write about because my tiny readership includes spies!

But seriously, my knitting mojo has gone. I sit down to knit and I don't want to. Plain and simple.

Weird and very frustrating.

To top things off, I've been off sick for the past week recovering from minor (but excruciatingly painful) surgery which has meant that I've not been able to spin as it involves too much movement. Today I feel much better and tomorrow I'm intending to back to work, so hopefully come next weekend things will be back to normal!

Work itself is also weird and stressful at the moment. The financial situation is hitting everyone and academia is no refuge. Doom and gloom is abounding at the moment in unreasonable amounts. Workloads in the meantime are not abating and I had to put my foot down again last week as some were pushing to get me to commit to working weekends through to summer 2010. You have no idea how guilty I felt for taking a few days off sick.

Otherwise... I've ordered a new fireplace and fire for the living room, which will hopefully mean the house is slightly cosier next winter than last. With my extremely low tolerance for cold, two weeks of snow just about did for me this year! I'm intending to take Before and After photographs for posterity...

2 comments:

  1. Aw, maybe you just need a break? I lost my knitting mojo for a few weeks, when every project I had on was coming out wrong. Finally took the plunge and frogged one of them, and now I'm rambling along!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. steel breeze probably has it spot on and just think how busy you have been, closely followed by surgery, that can take anyone's Mojo.

    I need to go write something for my blog now.

    ReplyDelete